Pars began its activities from the San Jose office in 2012, and as the program grew and became stronger, the model was transferred to Southern California.
For any inquiries, please call us at (408) 261-6400 . For more information, please click here.
Monthly Class Schedules
At Pars, we are constantly striving to provide and assist our newest community members with relevant and practical educational resources that will help in easing the potentially daunting and difficult transitioning process.
Through the assistance of our committed donors, Pars provides:
- English Language Classes (ESL)
- Computer Training Classes
- Citizenship Classes
- Employment Readiness
- Resume Writing / Interview Skills
- Weekly and Monthly Workshops
- Weekend Programs
To view the class schedule, please click here.
Individual Development Account (IDA)
In October 2015, Pars Equality Center was awarded an Individual Development Account (IDA) grant from the Office of Refugee and Resettlement, to support our matched savings program in collaboration with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in San Jose. This new project serves 81 eligible refugee savers per year, by helping them to increase their financial knowledge, asset development skills, and gain economic independence.
Pars Entrepreneurship Program (PEP)
Pars Entrepreneurship Program's (PEP) mission is to help aspiring entrepreneurs with mentorship, education, and networking.
PEP focuses on two primary areas:
- Hosting a monthly Speaker Series, where experienced entrepreneurs are invited to share their success stories and learning lessons with Pars' community. This program is open to anyone who would like to join and be inspired.
- Hosting bi-weekly brainstorming and discussion based gatherings, where we invite founders, investors, and experts to discuss a particular topic relating to entrepreneurship. In this group, we aspire to be THE SOURCE of information for entrepreneurs—from starting to scaling. The goal of this program is to connect new talent with experienced talent, and to build a more successful and stronger community.
If you would like to join this program, please email Pourya Moradi at: email@example.com
The silver club was designed to reach the Persian speaking Immigrants ages 55 and wiser who live in isolation and disconnect due to language, cultural, and financial barriers.
Our goal is to transform their lives, and tap into their wisdom and rich life experience, by providing an uplifting and inspiring environment that they can call home away from home. Through well researched programs, we have designed interactive programs, tours and picnics with the aim to stimulate our members’ minds and bodies, helping them discover their lost potential through empowerment and learning methods.
Classes include but not limited to:
- Group singing and dancing
- Backgammon tournaments and other games
To learn more about Silver Club, please watch this video.
Mentorship & Career Development
Pars’ Mentorship & Career Development program provides participants with development techniques and best practices, to help with career guidance and job searching skills.
In this program, participants will learn:
- How to write professional resumes
- How to successfully interview for positions
- Critical information about the culture of the workforce in Silicon Valley
- Successful techniques in job searching
- How to make yourself an instant asset to potential employers
Criteria for participants:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Resident in the U.S. for less than five years
If you would like to join this program, please email Nastaran Nazarian at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Legal Department of Pars Equality Center provides free or low cost immigration services including green card application, citizenship, family petitions, VAWA, U visa, and other immigration relief. The Legal Department also provides guidance and referral in many legal areas including criminal matters, family law, Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (ITSR).
To schedule an immigration consultation at our San Jose center please call: 408-261-6405.
To read more, please click here.