The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement. A dream of social order in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are, regardless of the fortuitous circumstances of birth or position. --James Truslow, The Epic of America
Under the auspices of the Kordestani Family Foundation, The Pars Youth Grant /The American Dream is a financial grant dedicated to ensuring the future generation’s academic success. This grant is awarded to students of Iranian descent from families whose annual household income does not exceed the following Californian-state issued income amounts:
These figures are based on median income levels for the State of California for calendar year 2018.
The students must be currently graduating from high school in California, with specific plans to continue their education in a College or a University in California.
The amount of the grant varies based on financial need and educational costs of the institute for each student.
The maximum award will be $10,000 per student.
Recipients may not receive a Pars Youth Grant for more than one year.
- Be of Iranian descent
- Be a California resident
- Be enrolled or accepted at an accredited College or University in California
- Demonstrate financial need [must apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)]
- Possess and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a completed application by the deadline June 20, 2019 , including:
- Completed application form (Please click here to fill out the form)
- School transcripts and testing records
- University letter of acceptance
- Income tax forms from yourself and your parents for the past two years (Hand carried to the interview)
- Personal essays about yourself (750 words)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor
- Please be sure to read the entire application form for details about each of these items