Programs & Classes
- ESL Program: Pars LA divides the academic year into four quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. Each quarter consists of 12.5 weeks of classes (50 weeks). Pars offers classes in 4 different levels (Low Beginning, High Beginning, Low Intermediate, High Intermediate), classes for each 4 level are held twice a week, each 90 minutes long (12 hrs per week), the prep time for each class is half an hour (4 hrs per week) and CASAS administration takes 4 hours per week. .In addition, Pars added another pre-beginning level class in the evening which meets twice per week and each class is 90 minutes.
PARS LA ESL program is recognized by Department of Social Services.
- Pre-Employment Instruction: Provide pre-employment instruction following 6 areas: i) Skills assessment to identify employment strengths; ii) Computer training in Pars’ new computer area; iii) Resume writing and interview preparation; iv) Online job search and online job application training; and v) Time management skills and other support to maintain employment and vi) referrals to Pars’ monthly informational workshops.
- Computer Training: Pars LA divides the academic year into four quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. Each quarter consists of 12.5 weeks of classes (50 weeks). Pars offers classes in 2 different levels (Low Beginning, Intermediate) classes for each 2 level are held twice a week, each 90 minutes long.
- Conversation: The English Conversation Classesis an informal social hour led by a native English speaker, who can assist you with your English conversation skills. The circle occurs weekly for two hours and is very informal.
- Citizenship Class: Learn the English and civics you need to pass the test and become a United States citizen.
Workshops & Lecture Series
- Mental Health Lecture Series: Pars in collaboration with Mental Health Growth Institute offers various workshops and trainings to raise awareness and education in reaching and maintaining physical, mental, social and environmental health and wellness for the Iranian community in Los Angeles.
- Money Management and Financial Literacy Classes: Pars in collaboration with The County of Los Angeles Center for Financial Empowerment (CFE) and Wells Fargo is committed to provide high-quality financial education, services, and resources to low-moderate income (LMI) Los Angeles County residents.
- Nutrition and Health Lecture Series: For people who want to learn more about nutrition and how lifestyle changes can promote better health. The program stresses healthy nutrition strategies that are important to preventing or managing most chronic health conditions and help maintain or improve wellness and independence.
- Secrets of Success: “Secrets of Success” is an ongoing series of educational and inspirational events to spotlight highly accomplished Iranian Americans who came to Los Angeles as refugees to share their career experiences and the secrets of their success.