English Conversation Teacher
Pars Equality Center
San Jose, CA
Contract position- Max of 10 hours per week
Pars Equality Center, is seeking an EnglishConversation teacher for ourMondays thru Thursdays, 9:30 to 11:30 am, class.
The qualified candidate will have up toone year of general teaching back ground and the ability to:
- Develops and implements well-researched classroom curricula to meet the learning needs of diverse students, ranging from beginning to intermediate learners.
- Maintains accurate data on student progress and achievement towards their individual language and employment goals
- Submits required monthly and quarterly reports in order to keep track of attendees and their progress
If qualified and interested, please email : email@example.com
Immigration Paralegal (to become a DOJ Accredited Immigration Representative at Pars Equality Center)
Pars Equality Center
San Jose, CA
The Legal Department of Pars Equality Center is hiring a full time Immigration Paralegalto support our growing Immigration and Citizenship Services (ICS) Program. The position will support the ICS program in providing legal services and education to qualified individuals.
Pars Equality Center is a DOJ Recognized 501(c)(3) and is seeking an individual who has knowledge and experience in the area of immigration. Pars Equality Center will subsequently apply, and plan to obtain DOJ accreditation for the employee, who with such accreditation will be able to provide immigration legal services solely within Pars Equality Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide assistance to lower income and indigent clients and individuals by assisting with client intakes, maintaining client contact, and assisting in the preparation of immigration forms for submission to USCIS and NVC, under the supervision of the Senior Director of Legal and immigration attorneys on staff. The individual will report to the Senior Director of Legal
2. Perform general office tasks such as copying, maintaining legal digital and physical files, answering and calling individuals, assisting with scheduling for attorneys and other staff, and assisting with creating flyers and print materials for outreach.
3. Undergo a 6-week course in order to apply to become a Partially Accredited DOJ Representative.
4. Undergo hands-on training to support the application to apply to become a Partially Accredited DOJ Representative, and continue legal education thereafter to maintain immigration legal knowledge
5. Organize and conduct Community Education and Outreach (includes driving within Santa Clara County and surrounding areas for outreach and event purposes).
6. Organize and conduct Community Mobile and On-site Legal Clinics.
7. Assist with the San Jose on site ongoing citizenship class(es), and assist with expansion of such program.
8. Complete progress reports and assist attorneys with other reporting requirements
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
1. College degree
2. Minimum of 1 year of immigration experience at law firm, non-profit, government agency and/or other immigration setting.
3. Prior experience as a BIA Accredited Representative (now DOJ Accredited Rep) at a Recognized BIA (now DOJ) Non-profit is preferred
4. Experience working directly on affirmative immigration legal petitions, including Applications for Naturalization, Adjustment of Status, and Family Petitions.
5. Persian language proficiency. Strong preference given to applicants who also have proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Assyrian, Dari, and Spanish.
6. Strong computer literacy skills, including with Excel, Word, Drop Box, and ability to learn to use the Legal Data Management system, and knowledge of social media outreach and resources.
7. Strong written and verbal English communication skills; ability to pay attention to detail and work on multiple cases, legal workshops, panels or other events
8. Ability to work well in a team-oriented multi-cultural work environment serving individuals from various cultures and backgrounds.
9. CA Driver License and vehicle.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; benefits including health insurance and vacation.