Position: Job Search Coordinator
FTE: .1 (full time)
Program/Dept. Social Services, Refugee Career Pathways Program
Location: San Jose
Date to Start: TBD
The Job Search Coordinator conducts intensive employment search activities for the Refugee Career Pathways Program to source suitable job openings for, educated refugee participants who already have professional backgrounds, but who are currently underemployed. The Job Search Coordinator establishes strong working relationships with key staff and hiring managers at local Bay Area companies to develop a portfolio of current job openings that closely match the career development goals, professional expertise and salary objectives of current program participants. The Coordinator works closely with the program’s two Career Counselors to share all relevant company information and to ensure that job seekers are fully prepared for their employment interviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains a strategy for developing solid ongoing relationships with a wide variety of Bay Area companies (from Fortune 500s to smaller start-ups);
• Develop internships and registered apprenticeship opportunities at local companies to help prepare participants for long-term employment;
• Provides participants, program staff, and mentors with key background information for each hiring company, to maximize participants’ interview readiness outcomes;
• Helps to assist with and coordinate quarterly Job Fairs and special career events involving local companies with appropriate, current job openings; develops partnerships with employers to identify employment opportunities and engage their participation in these recruitment events;
• Maintains complete case files for all participants, including detailed case notes on each interaction, copies of the Participation Agreement, the Career Development Plan, proof of refugee status, plus copies of all educational and professional documents;
• Maintains strict program security and confidentiality policies;
• Completes all required reports accurately and on time, and provides regular updates to all program partners;
• Networks with local workforce boards, community colleges, training groups etc. to source educational and training opportunities to complement participants’ career goals;
• Helps to coordinate quarterly Job Fairs and special career events involving local companies with appropriate, current job openings; develops partnerships with employers to identify employment opportunities and engages their participation in these recruitment events;
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community partners;
• Performs advocacy on behalf of the program at meetings and other outreach events;
• Works as a productive member of Pars’ Social Services Division;
• Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of two to three years' experience in job development and human resources fields
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Must have thorough knowledge of labor market trends and the Silicon Valley business community.
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Must have good cross-cultural and interpersonal skills. The capacity to function in a fast-paced, growing organization is vital.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively in an environment that promotes compassion, service and social justice.
* Bi-lingual expertise in major refugee languages is preferred.
* Valid CA driver’s license and auto liability coverage according to the agency requirements
* Excellent computers skills: MS Office (all apps)
* Flexibility of schedule to accommodate occasional evening and weekend work plus some out of state travels
Treat all people with respect and integrity while maintaining confidentiality. Possess a strong commitment to Pars’ mission as we collaborate to help create a just and compassionate community in which Iranians of all cultures and beliefs can participate and benefit.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
PARS EQUALITY CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYE